Review: Reading Backwards

Reading Backwards Reading Backwards by John Crowley
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I tried to find something to appreciate about this collection. I guess, if I had to choose one, it would be the first autobiographical piece, although, even this was dry and did not draw me into it. There were several aspects of his experience as he told it through that piece that I could find common ground throughout my own experience and yet it did not elicit any emotion.
This is completely random work in my opinion. There are essays that are loosely tied together, the way a freshman English 101 coursework lesson plan would throw various topics together just to cover the basics. It was hard to find a theme, which I understand may have been the point but also feels somewhat unmotivated to really put together a true collection.
Overall, this did not work for me. I hope there are others that appreciate this more than I did.
Thanks for the opportunity to review it.
#ReadingBackwards #Netgalley #SubterraneanPress

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...