Review: The Modern Proper: Simple Recipes Meant to Be Shared

The Modern Proper: Simple Recipes Meant to Be Shared The Modern Proper: Simple Recipes Meant to Be Shared by Holly Erickson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have reviewed several cookbooks and this one is unique and gorgeous.
First of all, the recipes are interesting and different from standard cookbooks. This maybe attractive to the more adventurous cook, but even those who are less inclined to go out of their safety zone, these recipes can be adapted using more typical ingredients. I noticed that many of the recipes had at least one ingredient that would be hard to find in a typical, rural grocery store. This could be a barrier for some and it would have been nice for more ideas for substitutions for these ingredients. Despite this, I think many cooks would be able to adapt to change an ingredient or seek out an ingredient if not typically available.
That being said, the lay-out of the cookbook is beautiful and usefully arranged. I enjoyed the recipe lay-out and the photos to accompany them. The photography alone is stunning, even appearing fabulous on a tablet reader. I also appreciated the incorporation of ideas and flavors or styles of cooking in a single recipe. This makes so many of these recipes more inclusive for many different people. I can’t wait to try these recipes for myself and see if they taste as great as they sound and look!
I can’t wait to see the finished edition and highly recommend!

#TheModernProper #Netgalley #SimonElement

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...