Review: The Everything Healthy Mediterranean Cookbook: 300 fresh and simple recipes for better living

The Everything Healthy Mediterranean Cookbook: 300 fresh and simple recipes for better living The Everything Healthy Mediterranean Cookbook: 300 fresh and simple recipes for better living by Peter Minaki
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I literally...okay, not literally...devoured this book. I received an eARC of this lovely Mediterranean cookbook and sat right down after work and poured over the whole thing. It is terrific. I marked up recipe after recipe and bookmarked pages to go back and make my shopping list to get some of these ingredients to start cooking these wonderful recipes for myself and my family. So many things were appealing, its hard to even know where I want to begin.
The book is divided into an introduction section that gives an overview of what would be typically found in a Mediterranean kitchen as far as the staples, the equipment and the extras. There was also interesting information throughout the book about the Mediterranean diet and some of the history of the ingredients that are common in this style of cooking and their origins. This made the actual reading of the cookbook very enjoyable., aside from imagining each recipe as I read through it.
The other sections are the different types of foods: breakfast, appetizers, dips/sauces, Soups/Stews, Salads, Pastas, Meat/Poultry/Fish/Seafood and Desserts. There was something in every section that sounded great and doable to a family cook with no training other than my female relatives.
My only negative, that keeps me from rating this a 5 star is the limited pictures. For me, a great, over-the-top cookbook has as many photographs as possible. Those that are here are gorgeous and very well done.but also were not clearly labeled (this may have been an early edition problem).
Really well done and highly recommended. I will look for it when it comes out in physical copy.
Thanks for this edition to preview, this is a keeper!
#TheEverythingHealthyMediterraneanCookbook #Netgalley #AdamsMedia

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...