Review: I'd Rather Be Reading: The Delights and Dilemmas of the Reading Life

I'd Rather Be Reading: The Delights and Dilemmas of the Reading Life I'd Rather Be Reading: The Delights and Dilemmas of the Reading Life by Anne Bogel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Being a MMD bookclub member and frequent listener of WWIRN, I am so glad that I finally read this collection by Anne Bogel. As a podcaster and bookclub hostess, she is fantastic in her knowledge and candor. But this collection is a wonderful insight into her personal reading life through the years. Naturally, for anyone who relates to her degree of "bookwormishness" will completely relate to each story and page. I love the way she discusses the changes in her reading life over different times in her life. And the things that are so similar between bibliophiles.
While I related to something in each section, the two that resonated the most were "Bookworm Problems" and "I'd Rather Be Reading". In "Bookworm Problems", I am pretty sure that I could relate to nearly every sentence as she describes the various grapplings of a voracious reader. Hysterically funny. In "I'd Rather Be Reading", she admits to loving the reading but not the follow-up process of documentation of that reading. I completely relate and frequently get behind on this as well, or even sometimes forget altogether. But her point of relating this documentation process to keeping a travelogue to return to as a memory prompt is spot on. Great ideas and great encouragement.
Terrific read for any bibliophile in your life.
#IdRatherBeReading #AnneBogel #BakerBooks

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...