Review: The Ten Thousand Doors of January

The Ten Thousand Doors of January The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The premise of this story is an interesting and compelling one that entices many readers right away. What reader can resist the pull of a story about books? Unfortunately, this book fell a little flat for my taste. I didn't dislike it completely, there were aspects of it that I found enjoyable. For instance, I liked the idea of having the direction of the tale stem from books. I think my issue really stemmed from the historical fiction aspect of this. I wanted it to have the feel of a fantasy/sci-fi, which it did, somewhat, but by weaving in the historical aspects, it just fell a little short for my liking. I do think it shows great promise for this author and future works.
This may be more a problem of me not being the intended audience.

#TheTenThousandDoorsofJanuary #NetGalley #RedhookBooks

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...