Review: Lock Me In

Lock Me In Lock Me In by Kate Simants
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a complicated book for me. I initially felt as though I would fly through it, great premise, psychological thriller (heavy on the psychological) with a dysfunctional relationship between mother and daughter and unexplained disappearances that seem related to mysterious behaviors by the daughter that she does not recall. At around the 20% mark, I felt like I mostly figured out the major idea of the plot, which was a little disappointing. I'm glad that I stuck with it anyway however. It was a terrific debut book that offered more to the story than at first glance. In addition, I loved the relationships, good and bad that either existed or developed throughout the story. This was probably the most unexpected, pleasant surprise of the book. The addition of some diverse characters and the relationships between fathers and daughters, mothers and daughters was very nicely done.
This was a great read and I would definitely recommend it.

#LockMeIn #NetGalley #HarperImpulseandKillerReads #OneMoreChapter

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...