Inferno Inside You by Peter Jobling



Inferno Inside You: The Comedy Project Part 1

This was a unique and beautiful book that was poetic in its retelling of Dante’s Inferno. The added bonus of amazing artwork was a pleasant surprise and really made me wish to see this in a physical copy, so I will be looking for that when it comes out. 
The book is broken up into the “Songs” of Dante’s original work and each was well done. I think some were more profoundly insightful than others, but that may have just been for me. And as with any reading, if you reread something at a different stage in your own life, your perspective changes and therefore, things that may have not been as memorable become more so. 
This is a book that requires you to be in the frame of mind for it, maybe more philosophical and poetically leaning to truly appreciate it. It certainly hit me at the right time so I enjoyed it and I am very glad that I had the NetGalley copy of it because I’m not certain that I would have thought to pick it up in a bookstore but I am so glad I did. 
I highly recommend this for the reader who wants a gorgeously illustrated and poetic book retelling of Dante’s Inferno.
#InfernoInsideYou #NetGalley 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...