She Wants It by Jill Soloway



37824478

✩✩✩
I was immediately drawn to this book because it talks about a topic that is both relevant into today's social conversation and mostly unclear to the majority of Americans. For instance, recently, the issue came up that someone is trying to make it a requirement that women at 18 register for the draft just as men do,. The argument being that it is unconstitutional to do only the men. I would then argue that this is the exact reason why it is also unconstitutional to ban transgender people from serving in the military. How would that be any different? A person is a person, right? 
So, I do think understanding each other from a deeper sense is important in these sorts of questions, I am not certain that this book does it exactly how I would want it done. I feel like I have a little too much information into someone specific's personal life as opposed to a more general understanding of the issues at hand. 
With that being said, I think it is a start. And for that, I applaud the effort.

#SheWantsIt #NetGalley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...