Review: Home Before Dark

Home Before Dark Home Before Dark by Riley Sager
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I enjoyed Sagar’s previous book, Lock Every Door, so I had high expectations for this one. I was definitely not disappointed! I thought I had figured out “the twist” about 2/3 of the way through the book but the twists kept coming to make this a roller-coaster of a story.
This is a story within a story with dual timelines and one of those timelines told from the perspective of the Book, a nonfiction account written by the father of the protagonist’s time living in this expansive house when she was five. The family knows that the house has a creepy history and when Maggie inherits the house as an adult, she is determined to uncover the truth about the past and what is written in the Book, which she has always questioned as truth.
The pacing of this was his best yet. It really kept the pages turning. I also loved the Gothic haunted house setting and not knowing who was a reliable character. This really left the story wide open and a great read.
Highly, highly recommend this!
#botm #HomeBeforeDark #Dutton #RileySagar

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...