Review: The Majesties

The Majesties The Majesties by Tiffany Tsao
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I appreciated some of what this book was trying to do. This is a story that centers on the tumultuous relationship between two sisters and their extended, large, Asian family. It begins explosively, with a mass murder/suicide by one sister killing 300 members of the family while leaving her sister barely alive, in a coma. She is piecing the events together from her hospital bed and so the story then goes into the build up of events.
Parts of this story are interesting, but while I was intrigued by the wealthy Asian family business background, it quickly became odd and not interesting really. This feels like it is trying to be a darker Crazy Rich Asians but it doesn't quite pull it off.
Not really my cup of tea. 2 1/2 stars rounded up to 3 stars
Thanks for the early copy #netgalley #atriabooks

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...