Review: Call Me by Your Name

Call Me by Your Name Call Me by Your Name by André Aciman
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I had trouble deciding what to rate this. The writing is wonderful, with some absolutely brilliant sections. The last 25% was gorgeous and made up for some of the gratuitousness of the earlier sections of the book. I am not a romance reader, per se, but whether it is a straight romance or other, other the top sex scenes are sort of more than I am interested in when I read a book. This overall story could have had similar impact without the graphic nature of these scenes. I do see that they were perhaps a tool to express the depth of desire and yearning of the teenage boy who was struggling with his feelings and sexuality, but that wasn't especially my favorite aspect of this book. The ending definitely redeemed some of these aspects. So it was okay for me.
#CallMeByYourName

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...