Review: Kill Creek

Kill Creek Kill Creek by Scott Thomas
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have seen this book on various sites as a spooky, creepy, October read. Totally, 100% true. It was a little gory at times for my taste but with that said, the overall plot and flow of the story was intriguing and well-paced. I thoroughly enjoyed the writing style and would certainly read this author again. I hope that he leans towards more thrills and creepy without the yuck factor of B movies in the future though.
The premise of the book is fantastic, with a social media guru, who wants to set up a viral feed for his website, inviting four of the biggest names in horror writing together for a night (Halloween of course) in a notorious haunted house. The idea is pitched as a night together being interviewed. Initially they do not know there will be more than one of them there but they have to decide if they will participate in this adventure, or misadventure. For this type of story, I think stating too much gives the plot away so I will leave it at that.
Let's just say that the characters are unique and the house is unique and the story is entertaining and well written.
I would recommend this for fans of Stephen King.
#KillCreek #ScottThomas

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...