Review: The Community

The Community The Community by N. Jamiyla Chisholm
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Powerful memoir about how a child is affected by being raised in a cult and the author's experience with coming to terms with this. Chisholm does a wonderful job of explaining the strain that her early experiences went onto affect her as an adult, in trust and relationships. She gives an account of what she remembered and how she drew out discussions with her family to heal the wounds from the experiences. I found it a compelling read that was an interesting examination of why people choose the lives that they do and how those choices impact other family members and friends.
I highly recommend this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...