Review: These Vengeful Hearts

These Vengeful Hearts These Vengeful Hearts by Katherine Laurin
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This is a quick and fun autumnal read.
I enjoyed the setting, I'm always intrigued by a school setting and secret societies. This has both.
The protagonist enters the school with the idea of becoming a member of the secret society that has harmed her family personally. She is invited to join and part of the deal is that you become available to the group to carry out "pranks" or tasks at anytime. Her goal is very different though, because she wants to infiltrate the group in order to undermine them. Sounds great.
The overall plot and character development lacks a bit in my opinion. This brought the overall story down from what it could have been for me.
I enjoyed it but would have liked there to be more depth.
I recommend this for anyone looking for the school setting and loves the secret society vibe as I do.
#TheseVengefulHearts #NetGalley #InkyardPress

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...