Review: The Vacation

The Vacation The Vacation by T.M. Logan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Another page-turner from TM Logan. I adore his writing and this was no exception. This is a fast paced thriller that keeps you guessing throughout. This was my experience with his last thriller as well and this one is as good.
My only critique is about the choices in title and release. This was originally written and released in the UK (about a year earlier) under the title "The Holiday" and then "adapted" for US release by trying to make the title more American-friendly. Number one, I don't like the different release dates between the UK and US, as either can simply order from the other country. And secondly, the story takes place in Europe and the characters are clearly not American, so then why did some of the terminology/sayings need to be Americanized? I would argue that anyone who reads authors from the UK or other European countries, expects the differences and has adapted to it. That is just my opinion but I always find slang or phrases or words in an altered book to not quite be right and would rather it not be attempted.
Definitely recommend, especially for thriller lovers and fans of TM Logan.
Thank you for the early copy for review.
#TheVacation #Netgalley #StMartinsPress

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...