Review: The Dilemma

The Dilemma The Dilemma by B.A. Paris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book! Aaagghhh! The story is told hour by hour on Livia’s 40th birthday, as she is anticipating her party that she has dreamed about for years. The party is over the top because she had a shotgun wedding that her parents did not approve of and one of her biggest wishes for the party is that her estranged parents come and they reconcile with her and her family. In the meantime, as each chapter alternates from a different character’s perspective, time is ticking away and Adam, Livia’s husband, realizes some possible awful news that he knows, if true, will break his wife’s heart.
The questions become what do you know, when did you know it and when do you share it? These are a few of the heart wrenching questions that this family must face in the days and months. This makes for a page turning premise for a book.
I really loved most of this book, the story for sure and the writing were good. The only thing that I disliked, and this may have been only me, was the constant repetition of pieces of the story or the characters’ inner thoughts and imaginings. At first, this was a tolerable method for the story to go but eventually it became tedious. I don’t think it distracted so much that I disliked it, I just wanted to get on with it.
Definitely recommend. 4/5
Thanks for the early copy for review. #TheDilemma #Netgalley #StMartinsPress

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...