Review: Above the Star

Above the Star Above the Star by Alexis Marie Chute
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a sweet, compelling read as the first book in The 8th Island Trilogy by Alexis Marie Chute. I have had the pleasure of being a part of the "street team" although my opinion is my own. I received this book from the author for an independent review, but I had previously purchased it from Amazon for myself. I am a reluctant middle-grade/young adult reader, meaning that it really depends greatly on the topic and writer as to whether I will stick with it or not. This is an engaging story about a young girl who develops an "incurable" brain tumor who is then unable to speak due to the surgical treatment and complications following this. As her health is failing, her grandfather takes the family on a cruise and has discovered the possibility of a cure, but in order to obtain it he must put full faith in a magical creature that he does not know and take a leap of faith. This story is a remarkable tale of relationships, love and what we will do to help those we love most. It is set in real-day as well as in a fantasy world, merging the two well.
As the beginning of this trilogy, this is a great starting point and is highly recommended.

#AboveTheStar #AlexisMarieProductionsInc #SparkPress #StreetTeam

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...