Review: Lock Every Door

Lock Every Door Lock Every Door by Riley Sager
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I enjoyed this but my one complaint is that key pieces of the plot twists seemed evident early in the book. I prefer for a thriller to surprise me and very little about this one did except maybe the "why" question. I liked it though. I would recommend it and would definitely read other books by Riley Sagar (this was my first). I'm actually curious now as to his prior books and whether they follow a similar style or formula or if they are completely different.
I hate to say anything specific about the book because as I said, the who, what, where, how (even the how) didn't seem that surprising from my suspicions at the earliest inkling that something was off. I like to go into a thriller without details from the jacket cover or from other reviews if possible so I do not want to give anything remotely spoiler-ish.
I think most readers of this genre will enjoy this book but not be awed by it either. It was better than average but not off the charts great.
#LockEveryDoor #BOTM

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...