26 Marathons by Meb Kefezighi



37901578

✬✬✬✬✬
I love Meb. I will unapologetically state that he is such an amazing human and such a joy to watch run. I did not grow up a runner, I was much more of a swimmer or other activities but when I transitioned into running in the winter after my first child was born, in the basement of our midwestern home, on our treadmill, painstakingly slowly, it suddenly hit me why they do it. I was slow but I understood the draw and reason for the love of running. I have never achieved any real speed and have since injured my knee in an unrelated incident that has kept me away from running myself, but I will record the NYC Marathon or the London Marathon and be disappointed when they cut away from the runners even for a few minutes. I am so entranced by what people like Meb can do physically it just is amazing to watch. I have appreciated everything he does for the sport and for the country as well as on the community level, giving back to promote the sport at the youth level. I know he has given a lot and deserves all the respect in the world. Thanks for another memory Meb!

#26Marathons #NetGalley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...