A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer


A Curse So Dark and Lonely (A Curse So Dark and Lonely, #1)

✩✩✩✩✩
This was clearly one of the most impressive retellings I have ever read. The prose flowed beautifully and never caused me to stop and wonder if I had missed something. I fell for these characters and believed in their stories. I enjoyed the transitions from modern day to the alternative world of Prince Rhen. The interaction between Harper and this new environment was brilliant.
I read the author's notes at the end and just have to say that to have the protagonist, leading lady/Princess character have cerebral palsy was genius. And being a physician myself, I have worked with people with this diagnosis and did not ever feel that anything was unrealistic as to what she could do or couldn't do. Same is true for the ER doctor trying to take care of a situation outside of a hospital. The author handled these topics perfectly.

Highly recommend, even if retellings aren't normally your genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Best book of the Year!

Review: The Book of Accidents

The Book of Accidents by Chuck Wendig My rating: 5 of 5 stars This book! Wow. It is a wild ride. It is a...